I was overwhelmed with the idea of recreating something trending and untraditional. Like a blink of the eye it came to my mind, salted egg on a pasta!! I was inspired by the pasta from one of the restos I’ve been to years ago!
So yes, why not try making a Salted Egg pasta my version.
I go to the fridge and check if possible ingredients are available and it’s so timely that’s like the universe has conspire to make the ingredients all present. So what am I waiting for? Let’s start this by gathering the ingredients I think I would need.
2 whole Salted Eggs
1 raw egg
3 cloves of peeled garlic
1/8-1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper
A handfull of pasta (I used linguine for this buy any will do)
1. Boil your pasta in a large pot until al dente, while preparing for the salted egg sauce.
2. Meanwhile, take the shell off the salted eggs. Take 1/2 piece and set aside later for garnish. Then cut the remaining 1 1/2 pieces roughly.
2. Prepare your food processor or blender then put the roughly cut salted egg, garlic peeled and olive oil pour by small amounts (unti-unti lang tantyahin muna) until the desired consistency became creamy.
3. Blend until just small lumps are there. It may turn out to be still lumpy but its alright.
4. In a sauce pan, put olive oil and slightly saute the egg mixture, put salt and pepper and parmesan then immediately add the cooked pasta in the sauce pan. Turn the heat into the lowest.
5. Slowly pour the beaten raw egg on the pasta and mix it quickly and thoroughly so that the egg won’t be fried and until the pasta was well coated and the sauce had become creamy. Turn off the heat.
7. Transfer it on a serving bowl and put the remaining salted egg pieces on top as a garnish and sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and parmessan.
8. DIG IN!
Comment down below if you have tried it, and how was it?